Monday, May 16, 2011

Frustration....

Her teacher called me this morning by 8:30 am. She was already hiccuping. I talked to her for a few minutes over the phone, and tried to calmly get her through them. I suggested substituting the hiccups for another tic, that wouldn't disrupt the class.

It did not work.

The teacher just called again.

My only option is to pick her up from school to keep her from disrupting the other students. I can not even describe the level of frustration that I have reached. I am crying now, waiting on her doctor to return my call. I am hoping that he has a miracle solution to her new tic, but I know that he doesn't.

She missed a total of 3 days of school last week, and it is looking like she is going to miss today as well. Those days in addition to previous missed days, puts her over the amount of days that is permitted by the school.

I do not want to home school her next year. I really don't. She has made friends this year, she loves her teacher and the activities. I can not justify sending her to such an expensive school, however, if she can not make it through the year. 

I am lost and confused. I wish I knew what to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment